Friday, March 9, 2018

Sabaton - The Paramount Theater, NY 3/4/18

Sabaton invaded the Paramount Theater in Huntington, NY. Kreator and Cyhra was support for the North American tour.

I usually know most of the bands music that I cover but honestly I only knew a couple songs from Sabaton. Hailing from Sweden, I'm not sure how often they tour the U.S. but they did come though NYC twice recently. The great thing about their performance is they won me over as a fan even though I knew very little of their music going in. Their sound is very addicting and I loved seeing them pumping up the crowd.

A lot of bands could learn a thing or two from watching these guys perform. The energy they have on stage is intoxicated and they way they interact with the fans, each other and even the photographers is incredible. Just looking at their faces you can see how much fun they are having. Vocalist Joakim Brodem literally never stops moving and covers every inch of the stage. Their popularity seems to be rapidly growing here in the U.S. and the Paramount Theater was very packed on this night.

Sabatons songs are based on stories of war, historical battles and acts of heroism. The band performed in front of a huge led display that changed videos for each song. I know they usually tour with a tank on stage when they are back home and at large festivals but the logistics to bring this overseas makes sense. Hopefully I get to see them one day with their entire stage show. It was my first time seeing them and I am already looking forward to see these guys again,


























Set List:

  1. In the Army Now (Intro)
  2. The March to War (Intro)
  3. Ghost Division
  4. Uprising
  5. Blood of Bannockburn
  6. Cliffs of Gallipoli
  7. The Lion From the North
  8. Swedish Pagans
  9. Carolus Rex
  10. The Final Solution
  11. Resist and Bite
  12. Night Witches
  13. White Death
  14. The Last Stand
  15. Sparta
  16. Winged Hussars
    Encore:
  17. WWII Intro
  18. Primo Victoria
  19. Shiroyama
  20. To Hell and Back
  21. Dead Soldier's Waltz (Post Show)
  22. Masters of the World (Post Show)

No comments:

Post a Comment