Monday, May 20, 2013

Twister Sister- Encore Event Center, Freehold NJ 5/11/13

 Twister Sister performing for a good cause at the sold out Encore Event Center in Freehold NJ.

This show was entitled "The Old Bridge Metal Militia Reunion Concert"and was a benefit to raise money for victims of Hurricane Sandy. The entire line up in performing order was: Lords of Mercy, The Rods, Raven, Twisted Sister, Anvil and TT Quick.

The majority of the crowd was there to see Twisted Sister and they did not disappoint during their 50 minute set. I could feel the energy coming off the stage for the first 3 songs I was in the photo pit. Dave Sabo of Skid Row jumped on stage with TS to perform "Under The Blade". It's a shame that half the crowd left after Twisted, as they missed a great set by TT Quick.


Shooting Info: My first time at the Encore Center and I honestly expected not to have a photo pit and so-so lighting. I was surprised to find they actually had huge stage set up with great lighting and a pit for photographers. My shutter speeds were all over the place since the lights went from subdued to blindingly bright at times. My gear- Canon T2i and Sigma 24-70mm F2.8




















  

Set-list:
  1. What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
  2. The Kids Are Back
  3. You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll
  4. We're Not Gonna Take It
  5. Destroyer
  6. Under the Blade (with Dave "The Snake" Sabo of Skid Row)
  7. Burn in Hell
  8. I Wanna Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment