Thursday, February 28, 2019

Atreyu, Memphis May Fire & Ice Nine Kills - Starland Ballroom, NJ

Atreyu returned to Starland Ballroom in NJ with a great supporting line-up including Memphis May Fire, Ice Nine Kills & Sleep Signals.

  I was looking forward to this show since I had never seen any of these bands before and I have a couple friends that are huge Atreyu fans. They have been telling me to check these guys out for awhile.

  Atreyu is supporting their most recent album, "In Our Wake". They brought out a strong line-up of bands for this tour. The new album is a little more melodic than their catalog but the first single "The Time Is Now" is getting a lot of airplay on satellite radio. The band did an amazing sounding set of songs from all their albums. During the encore, drummer Brandon Saller came out from behind his kit to sing a couple songs. He sung Rick Astley's, " Never Gonna Give You up and Bon Jovi's "You Give Love A Bad Name". He is funny, has a great voice and the crowd loved them. I have to give a shout out to Atreyu's lighting girl that is on this tour. She did an amazing job for their set and was one of the best lit shows I have seen at Starland Ballroom. The band even introduced her to the crowd during the encore and thanked her for the incredible stage lights. It really adds to the live show when they lights are done properly.

  Memphis May Fire came on right before Atreyu and played some new material from their sixth album, "Broken". I am a huge fan of the first single "The Real Me" and it was great to hear that song live. Singer Matty Mullins was running all over the stage and getting the crowd fired up. The band has a lot of energy and they did sound great. Wish they played a longer set.

  Ice Nine Kills was a huge surprise. When I showed up the venue, I saw INK fans dressed as Freddy Kruger, Jigsaw and Jason from Friday the 13th. Their latest album, "The Silver Scream" contains songs that are about those horror movies and others. For an opening band they had a huge turnout. They hit the stage aggressively and put on a hell of a live show. The band also dressed accordingly with that Halloween theme. What shocked me tough, was the crowd loudly sung every single word of their songs. I had never seen that before for any band. These guys are on the rise for sure.

  Now that I have seen these 3 bands live, I am already looking forward to catching them again whenever they are in the NJ/NY area.



















Memphis May Fire:






No comments:

Post a Comment