Monday, October 7, 2013

Three Days Grace- Starland Ballroom, NJ 9/26/13

Three Days Grace returned to Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ supporting there latest CD Transit Of Venus. Otherwise and local band Kid Felix were also on the bill.

A bunch of bands recently have replaced a key member of there band, the lead singer. Three Days Grace, STP and Hinder (temporary) have all continued touring with a new front man. When original singer Adam Gontier left the band earlier this year 3DG employed My Darkest Days singer Matt Walst. Honestly Matt has big shoes to fill but I came away quite impressed in how good he was. He was giving it everything he had on stage. Another cool part of the show is when their tour manager came on stage and sang a cover of Limp Bizkit's "Break Stuff". Full set list is below.

This show was interesting for me since the last show I saw at Starland ballroom was Three Days Grace in mid October 2012. Thirteen days after this show Hurricane Sandy nearly destroyed this venue. I have seen nearly 50 shows at Starland but 11 months later the club is back better than ever and this show was one of the first I shot.

Shot first 3 songs from the photo pit. Starland has finally inproved there stage lighting and
3DG had additional lights they are touring with. Camera gear: Canon 70D, Sigma 24-70 F2.8 & Canon 18-135 F3.5-5.6  *Click on any picture to expand*




 













Set-list:
  1. Chalk Outline
  2. Just Like You
  3. Pain
  4. The High Road
  5. Home
  6. Get Out Alive
  7. Break
  8. The Good Life
  9. Piano/Drum Solo
  10. Misery Loves My Company
  11. World So Cold
  12. I Hate Everything About You
  13. Break Stuff (Limp Bizkit cover)
  14. Animal I Have Become
     
    Encore:
  15. Never Too Late
  16. Riot

No comments:

Post a Comment