Sunday, February 17, 2013

Turisas- Gramercy Theater NYC, 2/6/13

Turisas played to a packed Gramercy Theatre in NYC with Firewind and Stolen Babies supporting on there 2013 "Guards of Glory" tour.

Honestly, I almost did not go to this show since I was not that familiar with the bands. I'm glad I did because these guys are serious about putting on a great live show and give a 100% on stage. I appreciate a band that gives that much energy for the crowd to feed off of. I will be adding Turisas & Firewind to my regular concert schedule.

This was a fun shoot overall for all 3 bands. The lighting at the Gramercy is good, especially for the headliner and I shot most of their set at 1600 ISO. Really tough to get shots of the drummers for any band since it was very dark on the back of the stage.


Equipment: Canon T2i and Sigma 24-70 F2.8

Set-list:
    1. The March of the Varangian Guard
    2. Take the Day!
    3. To Holmgard and Beyond
    4. A Portage to the Unknown
    5. One More
    6. Five Hundred and One
    7. The Great Escape
    8. Miklagard Overture
    9. Stand Up and Fight
    10. Sahti-Waari
      Encore:
    11. Battle Metal
      Encore 2:
    12. Rasputin (Boney M. cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment