Friday, March 15, 2013

Queensryche- Bergen PAC, NJ 3/8/13

Queensryche has always been one of my favorite bands, so I was glad to see them coming to NJ with new singer Todd LaTorre. On this "Back to History" tour they were playing songs from the first 4 albums.

When the band opened with Queen of the Reich, Todd did not disappoint. It's amazing how close he  sounds to Tate at times while adding in his own vocal style. Michael Wilton was also fun to shoot along with the other original members Scott Rockenfield and Eddie Jackson. Parker's been in Queensryche now for awhile and nails the classic dual guitar parts.

About an hour into the show, I noticed I could not hear Todd as well as earlier. I wasn't sure if it was the stage monitors blasting in my ears or was he scaling back vocally. I found out a few days later that he was very sick for this show and the next night in PA. I give a lot of credit to any musician that get up on stage and can perform sick. They had to cut the set list by 3 songs (see below) but still put on an amazing show.

The Bergen PAC's lighting is decent but shot this show mostly at 3200 ISO with some 1600 ISO thrown in when the spotlight was on the band. No photo pit at but shot the whole show from the front.


Equipment: Canon T2i & Sigma 24-70 F2.8

Set list:
  1. Queen of the Reich
  2. Speak
  3. Walk in the Shadows
  4. The Whisper
  5. En Force
  6. Child of Fire
  7. Warning
  8. The Needle Lies
  9. Prophecy
  10. Roads to Madness
  11. My Empty Room
  12. Eyes of a Stranger
    Encore:
  13. Silent Lucidity
  14. Empire

No comments:

Post a Comment